Its hard not to notice the many reasons we might have in the future to be prepared for a disaster, and the people recommending that you become a hardcore prepper are not conspiracy theorists.
It’s the Red Cross, the CDC, the governments of the world and the mainstream media, in fact they were always saying it was a good idea to be prepared.
The CDC even has a course for teaching school children to prepare for a zombie apocalypse as a “fun” way of learning about natural disasters like a biological weapons attack and they also recommend things to put in your preparedness kit.
At a minimum, you should have the basic supplies listed below:
- Water: one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food: non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries (Similar item available in the Red Cross Store)
- Deluxe family first aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers (Similar item available in the Red Cross Store)
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Emergency blanket
- Map of the area
You could add various things to the list, but considering the potential for lockdowns, on top of the general risk of flood, fire, hurricane, earthquake, and who knows what, these things are recommended for everyone to have if possible.
I just added a new page to the menu called prepping, it’s got various products that are recommended that you have in your possession by serious preppers.
What I’m telling people is the best advice for right now is pull your money out of the stock market, pay off your home loan if you have one, or buy some land, but first stock up on things you will actually need.
Maybe buy some silver or bitcoin if you want to take a risk, but we may be headed for an actual depression if the stock market crashes, which is predicted by many financial experts, and other people predict actual war.
The bubble may be about to burst on the global economy so the basics of survival like food, water and shelter are what keeps you alive.